Saturday, August 11, 2018
3:00 pm-7:00 pm
Did you know that the state of your nervous system plays an influential role in the brains ability to manage stress, pain, and emotional disturbances?
In this workshop
- We will learn how to work towards the management of pain and stress in this two part workshop
- We will explore the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems in depth, and how the balance between these systems is critical for ones’ overall health, and wellbeing
This workshop is designed for anyone who experiences, or has experienced:
- Chronic pain
- Low back pain
- Trauma, sleep disorders
- A manifestation of physical and emotional upset, due to long bouts of stress.
PART A – THEORY COMPONENT
- What are the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems? how these systems impact how you feel, how you move, how you recover, and how you cope with stress
- What is fascia? Why does my body hurt sometimes?
- How the sympathetic nervous affects the skeleton, muscles, range of motion, and ones ability to feel pain – why does my low back hurt sometimes?
- What to consider shying away from when your sympathetic nervous system is overactive, and what to do instead, to avoid pain
PART B – PRACTICAL COMPONENT
- learn the state of your nervous system through a personalized test
- What is constructive rest? how can it naturally relax the body, and regulate the breath? how this position impacts the skeleton?
- Learn how to move the spine effectively to suit your individual biomechanics in common yoga poses
- Learn, and take home a passive yoga practise designed to initiate the relaxation response, to help manage pain and stress
*Disclaimer* This workshop is not meant to fix, heal, cure, diagnose, or treat an existing condition.
It is simply information to be used as a tool to help manage stress and pain.
Cost: $50.00 + tax