This course can be taken independently or as a part of our 225 hours Yoga Teacher Training, and is appropriate not only for yoga teachers but also for yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about their bodies and take their practice to a whole new level of depth.
Anatomy sound pretty scary for most people. In this course you will not be memorizing names of bones, muscles and joints, but instead you will understand how the body functions in relationship to the yoga practice, and why we practice each of the asanas.
These 50 hours count as Continuing Education Credits with the Yoga Alliance.
- Planes of movement
- Anatomical joint position
- Bones tendons ligaments of the feet. Foundation of feet and ankles.
- Key concepts of the legs and knees.
- Muscle groups of the pelvis and legs.
- Function, form and key concepts of the pelvis and hips
- Function, form and key concepts of the spine.
- Core, container and abdominals.
- Anatomy of breathing.
- The 3 diaphragms and the bandhas.
- Form, function and key concepts of the upper extremities.
- The shoulders.
- The nervous system
Price is $999+hst (members get a 10% discount)
Spaces are limited