Everybody can benefit from the practice of mindfulness meditation. Actually, those individuals who could benefit the most, often claim that meditation is not for them because their minds never stop and they can’t afford to sit to do nothing when their life is overscheduled and frantic.
Mindfulness meditation is not about stopping the mind, but instead is the practice of observing the mind from a detached perspective.
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, emotions, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment. The practice of mindfulness meditation has a variety of research-backed impacts, including a reduction in toxic stress, and an improvement in job satisfaction, emotional regulation, focus, and executive functioning.
In a meditation class you will learn
- The basics of mindfulness meditation
- How to work with thinking that arises while practicing mindfulness
- Techniques for encountering and navigating intense emotions
- How to communicate and interact with others in a mindful way
- How to develop a daily sitting practice
Meditation physical benefits
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
Meditation mental benefits
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
- Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
Meditation spiritual benefits
Meditation doesn’t have a religion and can be practiced by anybody regardless of the faith they follow.
- Effortless transition from being something to merging with the infinite and recognizing yourself as an inseparable part of the whole cosmos
- In a meditative state, you are in a space of vastness, calmness and joy and this is what you emit into the environment, bringing harmony to the Creation/planet.
- Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself.
Meditation benefits for students
- Greater confidence
- More focus and clarity
- Better health
- More mental strength and energy
- Greater dynamism!